Gideon Gono was born today. To celebrate his birthday here are 5 things you probably did not know about the former Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe governor;
- He shares a birthday with Zimdancehall artist Tocky Vibes who was also born on 29 November in 1993 with gone being born on the same day in 1959.
- Gono’s first job was as a tea boy who doubled as an office cleaner and messenger at National Breweries Kwekwe in 1977.
- Just before the Zimbabwe dollar was suspended as legal tender in 2009, Gono had issued a ZW $10 trillion note.
- After stepping down on 30 November 2013 after a 10 year term at the helm of the Reserve Bank, Gono made two attempts to be elected as a senator for the ruling party ZANU PF and twice his aspirations did not see the light of day.
- Gono married Helen Tsitsi in December 1982 and together have four children two boys Passion Peter, Prince Gideon Jnr, and identical twin girls, Pride Emily and Praise Emily.
You can read more on Gideon Gono by clicking here
The post Five things you probably did not know about Gideon Gono appeared first on Pindula News.
Powered by WPeMatico